Saturday, June 18, 2011

Defining Adjustments

Modifications to one's own life fall within a range of sizes and levels of importance. Your only daughter moving out for the first time into her own apartment... now that is an impressive adjustment. Shifting an acupuncture appointment or parting your hair on the other side... that would be a bit of a mundane adjustment. Which brings me to Small Adjustments. Slight yet effective changes that bring about spiritual, physical, emotional or world change.


The possibilities are endless, and yet where to begin? I have to admit clutter has been on my mind lately. I am absolutely enamored with the "A Thing a Day (ATAD)" concept. The challenge is to give one thing away each day. Apparently cheating is allowed (giving 7 things away on Monday would constitute a week's worth of ATAD). In theory this will be a life-changing small adjustment. Of course I'm a bit concerned about the whole black hole void that will begin to establish itself once I begin ridding myself of clutter. The enemies: garage sales, consignment shops and sale tables of every sort. Of course this summer will bring my worst weaknesses, the outdoor arts and crafts festivals and farmer's markets.


I'm hoping acceptance will blaze the trail for my first steps of un-cluttering recovery. Well and also keeping an official ATAD ticker update. So what things will you be releasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment